Here’s a list of my plant assets I intend to create. I’ll explain the reasoning behind my choices as I make them:
Bamboo
Banana plant
Colocasia
Ferns
Vine
Gunnera
Ivy
Lily and pads
Maurelli
Reeds
I’ve chosen to make ivy as it's a staple in any English garden really. It’s adaptable and easily placed in a level. It breaks up tiled walls and adds interest and movement to an otherwise dull area. Here is a render of my assets:
Also shown in the above picture is the grape vine seen in the post below next to the wall circle. All three of these assets are simply planes with alpha’s leaves on them. These can be adjusted in level to add variety to the Ivy/vine. I used a light green/yellow colour for the grape as a compliment to the ivy as they will often be placed together.
I chose to do a lily and some pads to make my water look pretty. The Hestercombe garden had a very very similar variety on their stream, and the white of the flower really looked beautiful against the dark leaves and water. To make the Lily pads I used a 2 tri plane and the lily it self I made two alpha shells so the flower had some depth to it.
I love how these look in level. I’ve added a material to them in UDK that makes them bob in the water (the material I’ll post next time once I have a screen shot of it)
I wanted a plant that is water based but had an element of height and structure to it. The reeds seemed a perfect choice for this and I love the seed heads so they were fun to model. I decided not to alpha these leaves as it too the same amount of tris as simply modelling them. I made two variants, one with a seed head, the other without. This means I can reposition them in clumps without them looking too copied.
No comments:
Post a Comment