So I decided to make my overall level slightly smaller by taking away the double stream and making it one. I also swapped the pond over with the central piece as I think it adds a focus point to the main are rather than everything just being squished haphazardly in to the middle. Now I need to add extra BSP’s for the soil tile and the I can get on with populating it with the foliage.
As you can see, I’ve got most of my main wall structures and level plans sorted now. These can’t change now as it’s far too late in the game and I’m pretty happy with them anyway. I plan to remove the cover you see right in the left hand side foreground as it makes the area look too architectural and I want to fill that area with planters.
I still have yet to choose the tiling for the central area, I was originally going to do something really garish, but I feel like I might opt for a subtler approach instead. A type of grass perhaps, or a circular brick pattern perhaps. I need to build some planters and pots so I can legitimately add plants to the tiled floor areas. At the moment I can only put my foliage sitting precariously out of suggested brick cracks, I want to be able to layer them up in corners instead, ferns look awesome coming out of terracotta planters.
For the wild area I decided against having steps there as I like how it looks without. The steps suggested man made influence and I quite like the introduction to the garden being completely wild with a background of birdsong. Then nothing is hinted at, it could be any sort of environment at the top of that hill.. the steps gave too much away. I was also sick to death with trying to work out the collision mesh, but that’s irrelevant ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment