Today I used the Hourences tutorial to make my water swimmable and the unreal water tutorial to make it shiny and ripple. I chose this because frankly it was the only one that worked. I tried using the Hourences tutorial a few times over, but there is something wrong in the material that just seems to not work. I also tried out a few others which either gave me nothing of what I wanted, or just became too complicated.
Anyway, I made it so that when the player enters the water, the colour changes into a blurry grey colour. I took a bit of time with this as it was quite tricky to find a colour that wasn't too dramatic. Above are just a few of my colour samples, the rest all looked like a very strange brown colour. I chose a subtle bluey grey (the image on the right)
In order for the reflections to look like actual reflections they needed something other than my whitebox texture the mirror so I placed some textured assets in and tiles my inner walls to test the reflection. I’m pretty damn pleased, though the reflection is a little too large. I’m not sure how to edit this, as the reflection plane has to be big to cover my stream, and when I tried to make a separate one for the stream the game became extremely laggy. I’ll see how it looks when everything around it is in, there is a chance it will be unnoticeable.
No comments:
Post a Comment