Added the new asset in to the level, and got a little import happy. I’m really liking the way the stream edge has moulded it in to the level nicely, I was a little worried it would look too chunky but it came out well. I used subtractive brushes in the little holes so you’ll be able to see the water plain in it. The size of the edging was a little off so I had to do an awful lot of repositioning to get the blasted things to fit, but after fiddling around I just decided to make the level a little shorter to fit the asset, which felt a little naughty (how sad that I got a thrill from that)
Here is where I got a little import happy. When I started loading the pretty brick into the level, I became entranced by how cool the lighting looks through it saw I started spawning all over the damn level. Here is the very gross result of a few hours worth of oohing and ahhing, as you can see, I succeeded in making many pretty patterns and not much else, These will definitely have to be majorly rearranged when I’ve added the textures to the walls.
Oooh, pretty geometric patterns that look horrid and tacky until the light hits them as makes super cool light rays, trust me, it’s addictive and enticing. Shame it looks dreadful.
I also textured the archway cover in a terracotta tile and led finish. I might change the colour of tile when the walls and foliage are in, I was thinking of an oxidised copper kind of look? Like a blue green, but we’ll see. Tiling tiles is fun, I had good fun texturing that little asset.
And finally I painted the terrain. I have decided to tweak the contrast in these tiles a lot. It’s a far too cheery green for this level and I’m not sure about the reddy colour of the rock. I’ll change this to a more stony colour I think as I’m sticking with the cool colour temperature (fog/bluey light) and think this will work better with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment